Hospitality industry is growing at an incredibly fast speed. The demand for the manpower is unlimited in this industry. Applicants with suitable qualities are not available. The creation of jobs is further assured by the pace of economic development. Hospitality industry offers career choices in hotels, restaurants, airlines etc. Here is a tentative list of industries where candidate can thrash out a career.
- Restaurant Management/Fast Food Joint Management.
- Club Management/Recreation and Health Centre Management.
- Cruise ship Hotel Management.
- Institutional and Industrial Catering
- Airline Catering and Cabin Services.
- Hotel and Catering Industries.
- Hotel and Tourism Associations.
- Catering Departments in banks and Insurance house.
- Govt. owned catering departments e.g. railway, armed forces, ministerial conventions etc.
- In food, confectionery, beverage production industries.
- Good communication Skills
- Ability to understand people
- Service instincts
A degree in Hotel Management is usually the basic requirement. The National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) is a Registered Society under the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Govt. of India. NCHMCT regulates courses in Hospitality Management through structured courses of studies at 24 Industries of Hotel Management and 8 Food Craft Institutes located in different parts of the country. The council offers eleven different Professional Programs designed for the Hospitality and service sector.
Eligibility : The academic qualification to enter a course in Hotel Management is 10+2.
- Diploma Courses are of 3 – 4 year duration.
- Degree Courses are of 4-year duration.
Selection Procedure : Written test followed by a group discussion and interview.
- National Council for Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition Delhi;
- Institute of Hotel Management, Aurangabad.
- Welcomegroup Graduate School of Hotel Management, Catering and Nutrition, Delhi.
- Oberoi School of Learning and Development, Delhi
- International Institute of Hotel Management, Kolkata.
- NIPS School of Hotel Management, Kolkata.
- Institute of Hotel and Restaurant Management, Kolkata.
- Canan School of Catering and Hotel Management, Chennai.
- Moti Mahal Academy of Hospitality Education, Mangalore.
- Shri Shakti College of Hotel Management, Hyderabad.
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Meerut.
Other Openings : There are many openings in the hotel industry, which does not require any degree in hotel management.
Receptionist : Good personality, patience and good grooming are required.
Customer Relations Officer : C.R.O. receive all the complaints. He will need to co-ordinate with the other departments to maximize customer satisfaction. Candidates must have amiable personality and good communication skills in addition to graduation or post-graduation in any stream.
Accounting and Financial Management Expert : Graduates having knowledge of accounts or accounting professionals can suit the situation.
The Back End Officer : The Reservations officer in the back office must be qualified in ticketing, basic geography, calculating time zones, the international codes used by the hotel and airline industry etc.
Food and Beverage Expert : A degree in nutrition or food technology will help you get a job in this industry.
Horticulturist/Layout Planner : The grounds of a hotel or resort are embellished with beautiful gardens and exercise areas.
Once you have the requisite qualifications, sky is the limit for your career in this booming industry. Besides, the environment & working conditions, salaries are attractive and there is opportunity to meet all types of people. Any student who has passed 12th with Science Biology from any recognized Board is eligible to pursue a course in Ayurvedic Medicine.